My fab followers x

Monday 24 August 2015

Rather a lot of Blue and Green

Good morning Lovelies, I hope you had a great weekend?

I'm starting decorating my hall today, I've only been asking hubby for 4 weeks to sort out what we have and what we need lol, given his record that's not too bad, it took him 4 years to get around to doing the bedroom, but as usual it's turning into a bigger and costlier job lol, I was simply going to paint, but now it's new carpet and last night was talking about new doors lol I'm not complaining, in fact it's something I've wanted for ages, but it didn't come from me, so when it's his idea it makes me feel better lol, I'm not 100% convinced the "doors" will happen?

Anyway less waffle, I've been having a lovely lot of playtime lately.

I managed to finally get hold of this gorgeous Stampin up embossing folder, it's a retired one and very hard to find.

I started with watercolour card, I embossed then using a Brayer I applied Versamark ink and white Embossing powder, I then painstakingly went about removing the powder with a fine paintbrush from centre of the flowers (I only wanted the powder on the raised bit) I heat embossed it once I was happy. Once the powder was melted and cool I wet the whole design with water and just added Aquatints to colour in.

A very simple tag, using the gorgeous New stamps from Lavinia Stamps - Meadow Grass and sentiment, I used white linen texture card for my tag which is a memory box die - Stitched Mainstreet tags Available from Oysterstamps, I started by using a simple mask to ink a moon/sun, I know it's blue lol but it can be either in my world lol, the Grasses I inked using Distress Markers and huffed before stamping, voila! very simple.

I've used the gorgeous Patchwork Butterfly A4 stamp set by Chocolate Baroque, it's huge, I stamped and coloured using DI and fussy cut, stamped onto my card added a bit of interest with some stencils, the sentiment is also from Chocolate Baroque, stick the butterfly on and it's done, bish bash bosh lol.

Thank you for taking the time to visit today, now I'm off to get dirty and dusty :( #hatedecorating! You all have a great day whatever you're doing xx Zoe xx

 

12 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

Good luck with the decorating. Gorgeous projects and loving them all.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Sarn said...

I wish you good luck with the decorating Zoe. Blinking HATE decorating the house due to all the mess etc. Still . . . I'm sure it'll look great when it's finished.

Your cards and tags are just beautiful.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Beba said...

Amazing work, hun. I love them, and I simply adore blue and green together. beautiful! Hope your decorating goes well. Still waiting for mine- now 4 years, but we've finished the bedroom - yay! :-) xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

so beautiful Zoe
Gr Karin

Bernie Simmons said...

Stunning love them all xxx

Dawn said...

Gorgeous projects Zoes, I love the embossed flowers!
Good luck with the decorating!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Brawny x said...

Absolutely gorgeous Zoe. X

Brawny x said...

Ps the trick is to make hubby think it's all his own idea that way you get lots of new lovely things lol x

Theresa said...

gorgeous cards Zoe. i used that folder at one of Eileen's workshops xx

Wheelie Crafty said...

Absolutely gorgeus cards hunni, I love the 3 of them...

Hugs xxx

Unknown said...

Love the techniques you use, you have so much patience and such good and inventive ideas. The flowers look superb, love the blue moon... and yes, any colour in my world too,; adore the butterfly, yes huge, but what a centrepiece. Great work once again. ๐Ÿ˜˜ ๐Ÿ˜Š x

Barbara said...

Haha......I remember doing that technique at one of Mrs G's workshops, and almost pulling my hair out trying to get rid of the embossing powder! You've done a great job though, and I love the colouring x